In using this definition, I will be the first to admit (and I'm sure many will agree) - that I am a geek. And proud of it. Geeks are passionate and knowledgeable about their particular area of expertise and their enthusiasm always takes over at the slightest mention of their passion.
As for me, my geek passions lie in several fields. I'm a geek-renaissance man if you will. Off the top of my head and in no particular order, my expertise lie in the following fields: Star Wars (preferably Episodes IV, V and VI but can hold an intelligent conversation on Episode I, II and III,) Batman, comic book heroes in general (knowledge is stronger in DC Comics than Marvel,) music, history (Los Angeles, American or world,) geography, cartoons, pens and the art of writing... yeah, I think that pretty much covers it.
The reason I tell you this is because it come with a cautionary tale. Along with being a geek comes great responsibility. And this responsibility lies in knowing your audience. Some people may listen to your dissertations about your geekdom (your loved ones and other fellow geeks) but most people (general public) could care less.
I'm pretty good about knowing my audience (some times) but some people really don't care and fly their geek flags high. The following pictures are for those particular geeks who shout their love for Star Wars from the highest mountains for all to hear regardless of repercussions. Some of the things are a bit odd but truth be told, my inner-geek was doing a happy dance. NOTE: Most of the pictures (except for one) involve R2-D2 in one way or another. I guess he is the easiest to adapt to every day life.
A Honda del sol posing as an X-Wing fighter. I think this is pretty tight, but the only problem I have with this is that it is a Honda del sol? Really? Couldn't they find a better car to use - like a De Lorean or something?
A Han Solo frozen in Carbonite desk. There is something about staring in to his agonized face every time I balance my check book that wigs me out.
R2-D2 computer (screen not included.) Do you think it's a PC or Mac? I hope it's a Mac.
R2-D2 beenie. Use his dome to keep your dome warm.
R2-D2 trashcan. Why didn't anyone think of this one sooner?
A mailbox dressed up as a R2-D2 (random guy standing next to it not included.)
This post written while listening to the album "Star Wars Trilogy" conducted by John Williams.
No comments:
Post a Comment