This past Sunday - the first Sunday of the new year - the priest at morning mass was going on during his sermon on how happy he was to say good-bye to 2009 and starting a new year and new decade. And he wasn't alone because every one cheered and clapped and were way oh-so happy to say good-bye to 2009, which at this point has become the running joke.
As I sat there listening to all the cheers and woot-woots, I thought to myself, "Self, yes 2009 was a rough year overall but it wasn't all that bad was it?" So while I sat in the pew, I started making a mental checklist of all the good things that happened to me in 2009 and I came up with the following:
My newest niece and nephew were born.
I Spent quality time alone with the missus on a road trip up and down the coast visiting a friend in San Francisco, relaxing in Portland, and stopping in several small towns in between.
I spent more quality time with missus celebrating our birthday's and our 2nd wedding anniversary at Disneyland (which I got in for free) and downtown Los Angeles.
Saw some great concerts including Chris Isaak (in Las Vegas... where I won about $100 playing a polar bear themed slot machine), Tom Jones and U2.
Spent time with my extended family (although my goal for this year is to spend more time with them.)
Traveled to Guadalajara, Mexico, with my family to honor my grandfather (dad's dad) who passed away many, many years ago but has never been forgotten.
Traveled to Ensenada, Mexico, with my mom's family for the wedding of a cousin. And before we left, stopped to visit my grandmother (mom's mom) who passed away 10 year ago.
The basics (and sometimes the most important) - the missus and I still had jobs, a roof over our heads, our health, our family, our friends and each other.
From the looks of things, my 2009 wasn't all that bad. So here is bidding 2009 adios and hello to 2010. May it be a fun one.
Tuesday, January 05, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment