Actually, it's more like death and life but I felt it may be to creepy for a title.
My original intentions to help celebrate this year's Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) was to attend the annual community festivities at Self-Help Graphics with my once arch-nemesis and now best friend. Later followed by building a virtual altar on this here blog to honor all those have passed before me. Like my grandfathers - whom I never met - but have always been a part of my life. Or my grandmother - the first person close to me who passed away, helping me to understand death and its traditions a bit better.
But I didn't. Not because I came home too late from the revelry. But because on the very day that was reserved to honor and respect the final sacrament we all enter into here on Earth, I was at the hospital. Sitting with my brother and father in a room full of strangers. Waiting. Waiting, for my youngest brother to burst out of a room and yell, "It's a girl! It's a girl!"
My niece was born on the 3rd of November and I couldn't be a prouder uncle. My family is growing which is the way life should be.
Saturday, November 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Que cute -- you're a tio!!
Very perceptive this blog is. I remember that day of death transforming into early morning new life. I've never seen Sal so happy...and I've known that big bastard for a very long time. Little infant girls have a way of doing that.
v.
Post a Comment