Thursday, March 29, 2007

May the Force be with you...



Always.

This lovely image was taken at the corner of Rubio and Ventura Blvd. (in front of an Office Depot) in the San Fernando Valley. For those of you not in the know, this little R2-D2 that is disguised as a mailbox (or vice-versa) is part of a promotion the the US Postal Service thought up to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Star Wars. It was a build up to announce the launch (in to hyper-space) of Star Wars-themed stamps available on May 25th in a galaxy near you.
I've been in the hunt ever since I heard about this and three days in to my quest I found one. Unfortunately, I had to come back two days later with my fiancee to snap the picture because when I tried taking the picture alone, I had difficulty getting both me and R2 in the picture.

1 comment:

Lorena said...

How cute! I read about this also, in the SF Chronicle :)