- Step 1 - buy ring
- Step 2 - appraise ring
- Step 3 - insure ring
- Step 4 - give ring to best girl while proposing
I had no problem with steps 1 and 4 - that was pretty easy. It was the steps in between that never dawned on me. Apparently, my plan of placing the ring in a shoe box that resided on the bottom of my closet next to several CD's that I was planning to sell back is not standard practice for protecting something valuable. Some people even frown on it. Looking back though, insurance does make more sense.
Any who, we are now a total of 235 days into owning the ring. And in that time, the said ring has spent 126 days on my best girl's finger. So it is time to insure. Which brings us back to the borrowing thing. So as stated (for the third time now) I borrowed the ring and off I went to appraise it this morning. Good news - it's real. But here is where my dilemma lies.
I borrowed the ring last night, appraised it this morning and will see the future mrs. me later tonight... but what do I do with the ring in the mean time? I had to go to work right after the appointment and could not go back home and drop it off because it was out of the way. So the ring is stuck going to work with me. So here are my options for keeping the ring safe:
- (A) Hide it in my glove compartment
- (B) Hide it in my messenger bag
- (C) Hide it in my desk
- (D) Place it in a little wooden box and carry it on my person all day long inside of the left pocket of my cargo pants that are buttoned down making sure that nothing gets out and at the slightest moment that I don't feel the little wooden box, I freak out.
You are correct - I chose D. I can't wait for later today when I get the ring back to it's rightful place. Hmmm, I kinda feel like a hobbit on a grand journey to return the ring back to where it belongs. Except for the whole "evil taking over and bringing the end of the world" thing if the ring is not returned. Although if I were to loose the ring, I'm pretty sure the fiancee who be none to happy with me since it is not insured. But let's be positive shall we.
No comments:
Post a Comment