Star Wars holiday it is. Celebrate you will. So in case your calendar's do not denote it, today - May 4th - is National Star Wars Day. So let me be the first to greet you with the official salutation - May the 4th be With You! (See what we did there - replaced the Force with 4th. A little play on words if you will.) I know what you are thinking. You are saying to yourself, "Is he serious?" But search your feelings and you will know it is true... or you can also go to any search engine and type in the title of the holiday or the greeting to verify my claim. While you surf the net for proof of this most festive holiday, I would like to pass on a few tips to help you celebrate.
- Watch any of the Star Wars films. Although I would only recommend Episodes IV, V or VI. You can skip the first three unless you really need to watch them.
- Hunt down Mr. George Lucas like your name was Boba Fett and give in to your Dark Side. Now I know this may be counter intuitive, this being National Star Wars Day and he being the father of said films. But seriously - Jar-Jar Binks? Plus not to mention Episodes I, II and III as well as releasing all the different versions of the original films?
- Howl like a Wookie - I know I will.
- While we are at it - do or do not. There is no try.
- For the Spanish-speaking fan in your life - wish them a happy National Estar Guars Day!
- Hum or whistle the "Imperial March" through out the day.
- Destroy a Death Star.
- Use the Force to open a door... at your local grocery store.
- Hug a Wookie or an Ewok. Your choice.
- Attempt to levitate an inanimate object using the Force. Be careful with this one - I got a wicked headache trying this last year.
- Greet people all day by saying "May the 4th be With You!"
I hope these tips are helpful. May you have a very merry National Star Wars Day and remember, May the 4th be With You... always!

1 comment:
Nerd-o!Happy Friday and may the 4th be with you...
Post a Comment