I was accused of being an "Emo Boy" today - which I resent but after listening to my previous entry, I could see where the accusation came from.
The same person who tagged me with the moniker is the same person that I've known since the 9th grade and has for as long as we've had cell phones has reached out to me (almost) every Friday (as well as any other day of the week) to provide me with happy greetings along with lightning-fast stories of her adventures. For which - I must admit - I live vicariously through. I listen as she makes her way in the big city (currently the one by the bay), through scholarly endeavors, adult-drink filled evenings and sometime pesky yet funny relationship misadventures. I return the favor by passing on comedic tales of servitude in corporate America, adventures in geekdom, and the work that goes into making a long-lasting relationship... and lately sprinkling in stories of a guys point-of-view on "How to plan a Wedding for the Modern Mexican-American Couple."
Each conversation always ends with an appreciation of our friendship and wishing the other luck and happy adventures.
This entry written while listening to Bob Dylan "Biograph".
Friday, May 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
awe...love sharing my big city stories with you!
Post a Comment