Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Mr. Duck

I came across a very interesting piece of trivia today and truth be told, it has been an exercise in self-restraint because I've been dieing to tell someone - anyone - about this. I'm amazed that I haven't just blurted it out by now. Any way, here is the trivia and as you can tell, it involves a one Mr. Donald Duck.

Q: What is Donald Duck's middle name?

A: Fauntleroy. His full name is Donald Fauntleroy Duck!?!?!

I don't know about you, but when I read this, it blew my mind. This easily angered, ready for fisticuffs, conversationally-impaired, sailor shirt wearing cartoon character has a middle name... and it is Fauntleroy? Fauntleroy! Wow. I have nothing more to say on this.

1 comment:

Viktor Rocks said...

According to the 1942 cartoon, Donald Gets Drafted, Donald's full name is Donald Fauntleroy Duck. Donaqld's full name can be read on his service card. His middle name is a reference to his sailor hat, which was a common accessory for Fauntleroy suits.

Oh, wikipedia...what would I do with out you?