Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The San Fernando Valley


After 32 years* of living in the San Fernando Valley, as of this past Sunday, I've become an ex-patriot of my beloved home town. I've left the only area and home I've ever known to cross over the hill and become a resident of the 90035 (Los Angeles for those of you not in the know - sorry, no fancy neighborhood name... or at least I don't think there is one. I'll have to look into it.)

And what sparked my sudden migration? If you must know, I leave to familiarize myself with being on my own and prepare for my new life with my best girl - soon to be wife - in the apartment that we will call home some day in October. Until that day, a swinging bachelor life I will lead... or at least as much swinging that I can muster in a furnitureless apartment.

I'll let you know how the "being on my own for the first time after 33 years of living at home" is going from time to time.

*Although I'm 33 years old, I've only lived in the San Fernando Valley for 32 years. I was born in Santa Monica, CA, in 1973 and moved to the Valley a year later with my parents when they bought their first house. One of the best moves I've ever made.

No comments: