Friday, August 03, 2007

Omens

Now I'm not a big believer in omens but every so often, certain things happen that make me say, "Yeah, I could see how that could have pointed to things to come."

It is Friday morning, seven minutes before nine and I have already put in my 40 hours as of Thursday so today is just gravy for the man. I really did not feel like coming into work as of yesterday. I left my house at 6AM today and decided to take my sweet old time to get to work. Once at work, I decided to send out some e-mails, surf the Internet, and have breakfast.

Once I decided to get serious about work, I went to the kitchen to fill up my plastic bottle. Finishing up the last of the water, I decided to change the bottle because I don't like being that guy who finishes the water and just walks away. As I bent over and pulled out the last remaining 5-gallon water bottle from the bottom crate... wait for it... a heavy metal ice bucket (empty) fell from the sky or probably from the top of the crates which stand about 7', onto my head and almost knocked me out. Startled, wobbly from the blow and a bit scared because that totally caught me off guard, I looked up, tried to focus and saw spots. And now I have a headache. Stupid water.

Yeah, maybe that was an omen letting me know I should have stayed home today.

Happy Friday.

No comments: