Monday, September 17, 2007

The Pen Thief

At a recent working dinner, a co-worker proclaimed that one of her golden rules for business is "to always have a pen to write with."

Fast forward to the next morning at an important client/partner agency meeting. I was sitting down, going over my portion of the presentation and writing down my notes when she sat down next to me to review her portion of the presentation. She needed to write something down but contrary to her golden rule, she did not have a pen with her. So she just helped herself to the nearest pen which happened to be the pen I was using which was resting on my notebook... without asking and even worse, never returned the pen. (For those who know of my pen obsession, you know how infuriating this is.)

Now the funny thing is that this is not the first time she has done this to me but the fourth time which is why I found her golden rule a bit perplexing and very comical. That is also why I always carry extra pens when she is around (that and it is also part of the pen obsession.) To bad too, I liked that pen. I was getting used to it.

1 comment:

Lorena said...

Confront her already and tell her not to be such a pen hog!!!