Anyway, as a quick refresher, the original purpose of THE DARK MONKEY CHRONICLES was to inform my friends of what I was up to since I was bad about returning calls. Then it evolved into version 2.0 which was basically a lengthy e-mail newsletter that was made up of witty (if I do say so myself) observations and short stories. Then version 3.0 came along which is this here blog. And this has been a lot of fun.
So as I look back at the year that was, here are a few things that I've learned (or have been reminded of) in no particular order:
- Just because an event is called something, it does not necessarily mean that's what it will have.
- At 60+, Robert Zimmerman (Bob Dylan to the unfamiliar) puts on an amazing show.
- So does Los Lobos - no matter how many times I see them. Especially when I'm with cool people.
- Yes, at times I do partake in Mexican-American cliches. But that is OK and could be a good thing.
- There is comedy in everything. If there isn't - take comedic liberty... not that I ever have.
- Sometimes, I just have way to much free time on my hands. Other people have way to much free time also.
- Sometimes, I really should be working instead of updating this here blog... but where would the fun be in that.
- A funny idea shared among friends can become a nationwide event. I'm personally working on this as we speak.
- Always pay attention - you never know what you might capture.
- I love Los Angeles.
- Life is full of little moments that remind you how good life is.
- Always look at the good things of any situation - comedic liberty works well here.
- A blog can be filled with laughter and tender moments. So far, I've avoided sad moments - knock on wood.
- It's cool talking about things that have influenced you and make you tick.
- Friends - especially those that choose you - are good to have around.
- You are nothing without family.
- When you are in love and planning a wedding, there are things that you will do that you thought you never would do... and you will do them happily.
I guess I've learned many things. More than I thought. I wonder what the next year will bring.
Happy birthday DARK MONKEY CHRONICLES.
2 comments:
Felicidades Frankie! Lots to celebrate: a wedding, anniversary and birthday. Thanks for always finding a way to make me cry (not from sadness but from admiration of your beautiful spirit) and laugh - without even trying. Dont' stop sharing your gift with us.
a memorable october indeed!!! lo
Post a Comment