Random Thought #1: Black Friday
I attended my first and last (maybe) after-Thanksgiving sales event this past Friday commonly known as "Black Friday". On the down side (and there were a few) - I was woken up at 3:55 AM by my brother-in-law wondering why were not standing in line already. I was at my friendly neighborhood mall at 5:10 AM with all of humanity as they made their way to the crazy sales. I waited in line for 1 hour and 40 minutes at Mervyn's to purchase a total of 5 items. The plus side - after using a store credit, an early-bird discount, a coupon and a mail-in rebate, we are the proud owners of a new DVD player that cost us a total of 71 cents.
Random Thought #2: Christmas Music
Now that Thanksgiving is over with, I can finally enjoy some Christmas music. Every year, the dang marketing people play Christmas music earlier and earlier. I know they are trying to whip us into a frenzy so we can buy, buy, buy but seriously, no matter how much I enjoy the Christmas music (which I do and you know this), there is no reason to be listening to "The 12 Days Of Christmas" the day after Halloween. That's just not right.
Random Thought #3: Opened Face Sandwiches
I don't know why, but I can not stand open-faced sandwiches. I mean I hate them with a passion. What is an opened faced sandwich you ask? Well, an opened faced sandwich is a sandwich that is served with one bread covered with its sandwich-stuff placed on the plate while the other slice of bread sits next to it. But when I get a cheeseburger opened faced, I'm OK with it. It's just opened faced sandwiches that I don't like.
Monday, November 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i think Friday I slept til 11am, then walked to the beach and went for drinks- yup didn't shop at all :)
Post a Comment