Thursday, December 13, 2007

La Virgensita


(NOTE: Post written the day after the actual Dia de la Virgen de Guadalupe)

Yesterday, I dragged myself out of bed at 3:50 AM (and my wife at 4:30 AM) to get ready to attend La Mañanitas for La Virgen de Guadalupe at the local church. The service, packed with devotees and the always present Mariachi at these type of events, began at 5AM.

Why? There is the text-book answers that I can write down but the truth is, for me, there is a comfort that I receive attending this special mass for a saint that supposedly represents my people. For me, it has always represented and reminded me of family, tradition and faith - which are very important and strong in me.

So to the Virgensita...
Desde el cielo una hermosa mañana
La Guadalupana
La Guadalupana
La Guadalupana bajó al Tepeyac

No comments: