Monday, December 17, 2007

Oh Christmas Tree...

For some reason, I thought that once I got married, that I would once again be able to enjoy relaxing weekends. Not so much. Apparently, there is plenty of post-wedding projects not to mention life-in-general projects that keep me plenty busy.

The reason I say this is because one of the life-in-general projects that was still pending was the household Christmas decorating. And with a little over a week left until Christmas, me and the Missus jumped in the SUV and off we went to the local Target on a Saturday night. Meet the newest member of the family...


We call him Fernie.

After picking him up, since this was our first Christmas as a married couple we needed to get some additional items like a tree stand, lights and the star that adorns the top. We did have plenty of ornaments though - nice ones too. The one thing we did not have and had a doosey of a time finding were the ornament hooks. It took visits to two CVS, one Longs Drugs, a Home Depot and two Rite Aids to find them and they were 50% off. Good thing because we were about to start using paper clips.

The complete decorating process took us (not including the break for dinner, driving around looking for decorations and hooks, picture taking and choosing an appropriate Christmas film for the background) a total of maybe, give or take a few, 2 hours.

We are missing el Nacimiento but I think that will be a project for next year. I like our first Christmas tree. It it is a nice start to the festivities. Now if we could get the Christmas shopping out of the way...

1 comment:

Lorena said...

love your tree fernie, when i get a photo of my tree annabelle i will post it!

btw, i am soo jealous of your lovely tree topper. after heading downtown saturday for the perfect silver tree topper maybe even pink to match the tree, barney's new york, macy's, and bloomingdale's all had the same thing to say to me- 'don't you think you are a little late?' needless to say annabelle will go without this year :)