Sunday, January 18, 2009

Comfort Food

The above picture is of a tasty dish called Chicken with Rice in Cream of Mushroom (pretty straight forward.) This is a dish my mom has made for me since I can remember and is one of my favorite things to eat (excluding any of the traditional Mexican dishes she is known for).

But there is something different about this particular dish. What is different about the above dish and my mom's version is that I made it myself. Apparently I can cook. So after 15 months of being out of my parents home, I felt confident enough in my cooking skills to attempt this oh so sacred dish (at least for me). And not just because it was me, but it came out good. I would even go as far as saying it was pretty good. Granted, it did not taste like my mom's version for various reasons but it will do.

Counting this dish, I have a total of 3 dishes that I can cook. Baby steps people.

No comments: