As you can see, I did my part to support Record Store Day. I celebrated by visiting a small record shop on the west side that I've been wanting to check out for sometime but never got around to it. So Record Store Day seemed like the perfect day to come a calling. The place is a true record shop, selling mostly vinyl with some other formats here and there. I came home with a few CDs that would replace the cassette versions I currently own, a few Disney albums which were reminders of childhood for the misuss and me, a Los Lobos album - just because they are my favorite band - and the piece de resistance, a promo copy of the Monterey International Pop Festival Box Set. Although it was a cassette version, the reason I picked it up is because I couldn't pass up on hearing some live Otis Redding blowing away "the Love crowd" as he called the concert goers. Throw in some Janis Joplin doing her thing with Big Brother & The Holding Company, Booker T and the MGs, The Who and Jimi Hendrix, you just couldn't beat the price. Plus - and more importantly - I was doing my part to support Record Store Day.
Can't wait until the next celebration. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything.
This post written while listening to music saved on my iTunes.
1 comment:
ique viva!
Post a Comment