This post was originally written on June 13, 2008
Ten official days later (which spanned over a period of four weeks,) I was finally released from Jury Duty. And since I've been released and a verdict has been passed, I'm free to speak about the case - but I won't.
It was a complicated affair with a lot of in's and out's. But suffice it to say - it seemed that neither side was telling the truth. In this particular civil case, the plaintiff accused the defendant of assault and battery... at a wedding... three years ago. An even though it was documented on several occasions that there were any where from 150 to 600 guests at said wedding, no one saw the defendant assault or batter the plaintiff. And even though there is a good chance that the defendant got a shot in, because of the lack of actual evidence, we all agreed that the defendant was not guilty.
So that is that. In the end, the one thing I noticed was that the Los Angeles courts (or at least the ones in Glendale) do not look as nice as the courts in "Law & Order."
This post written while listening to Muddy Waters "Muddy Waters at Newport 1960."
Tuesday, July 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment