All though we both found this funny, my wife looked at me with a semi-serious face and asked, "If you had the money, would you buy something like that on E-bay?" I looked at her and without thinking twice said, "Not for anything Time Machine related, but for Star Wars... oh yeah! With out a doubt!" I then began to provide specific items that I would bid on, why and most importantly, how much extra money would have to be lying around before I would throw caution to the wind and begin a bidding frenzy on E-bay.
She is SO lucky that I do not have money lying around because the very next day, I found out that the original T.I.E. Fighter (model) was on sale on E-bay. And it's not just any ol' T.I.E. Fighter but the one that crashed into Darth Vader's Fighter in the original Star Wars. It has the the crash marks and every thing. Take a look for yourself.

Is she a beauty or what? Anyway, it was at the bargain-basement starting price of $17,000. But since it is E-bay, there were a few other bids - a total of nine - and it eventually sold for $350,000.
No comments:
Post a Comment