
It really isn't summer in Los Angeles until you attend a concert at the always good time Hollywood Bowl... or at least for me. Some summers, you attend concerts more than others. But since this year has been a tad busy, what with wedding planning and all, I've sacrificed my concert outings. But as luck would have it, two Sundays ago, after a weekend of centerpiece shopping, invitation making, color printer fighting and apartment hunting, I actually made it out for a concert under the stars. With Subway and Dos Equis lager in hand, myself, my best girl / soon-to-be wife and soon-to-be brother in law, were entertained by Groove Armada (backed by a live band) and creators of a little ditty that proclaimed, "I see you baby! Shaking that ass!"
That was the opening act. The band that we were there to see was Cafe TaCuba. Once they hit the stage, off they went on their musical adventure delighting the sun-soaked crowd. They hit some of the old favorites and made room for two new songs (a disco-y groover and a loud alt-rocker.) They ushered in the night with a semi-mellow set entertaining. Although I must admit that this was not their finest set ever - I've seen them in better form - they were chill and it was good to be in the LA night, having a beer and listening to good tunes. Also the prosciutto and Munster cheese snacks on crackers were a great treat.
2 comments:
quality goof-off time:muy importante! looking forward to the wedding of the year! cheers amigo :)
Hey! What the De uce? I didn't know you went to this? Don't even tell me. I went to the Bowl this past monday and my band was better than your band...RUSH ! That's right. And Frank, You are today's Tom Sawyer.
Post a Comment