Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Inspected by Jesus


I did a bit of business traveling last week. On Monday and Tuesday, I was in the lovely city of Carson City, Nevada. I'm sad to inform though, that the trip did not start off very well. What with me getting two new projects as I was trying to leave the office, racing trough 405 traffic, running from parking lot to shuttle to terminal on a hot day causing me to break out in an uncontrollable sweat which continued even after sitting in an air conditioned terminal and only having 20 minutes to spare before my flight was scheduled to take off. See, not a good start.

Then I landed and picked up my rental. As I got into the car, I saw the note above stuck to my steering wheel.

Now I know that this Chevrolet HHR was not inspected by The Jesus but in reality by a hard working Latino who happens to share his name. But for a split second, I did believe it was the big guy's son and I was happy because I knew that things were going to be good. And they were.

The rest of my trip...
I drove to Carson City on a quiet country road, stopping at In-N-Out for a Double Double and a chocolate shake. I arrived at my hotel where the Internet was down so I could not do any work until the next morning. So instead, I spent a few quiet hours alone in my very large, comfortable, air conditioned room watching King of the Hill episodes followed by The Godfather and Godfather II.

On a side note, if it was a note from The Jesus, I would have thought he would have nicer penmanship.

1 comment:

Viktor Rocks said...

Frank, the guy's been undead for two thousand years, cut him a little slack on his writing. Do you realize how hard it was for him to even operate a modern blue pen? Geez.

Ps...is it a sin to say Jesus is undead???